Hiring Full Time General Manager
Do you love improving health naturally? Do you prefer local and organic products? Are you a community-minded person? If these are true, and you’d like to share your enthusiasm with others, Natural Abundance Food Co-op is looking for you!
Natural Abundance Food Co-op is currently seeking a full-time General Manager to work with fun, passionate people in a small, community owned grocery store.
Employee management and innovation are the two primary criteria for this position. Natural Abundance Food Co-op has a terrific group of dedicated employees. The General Manager will develop key staff and organize the collective effort of our team as well as look for opportunities to expand our market base. If you feel that you meet the following criteria, please share with us your ideas on how you would lead our store and improve our co-op and our community.
Salary: $30,000 - $35,000 DOE
• Retail and/or grocery management experience
• Good written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to multi-task, stay organized, and delegate responsibilities
• Experience in marketing preferred
• Minor physical demands including extended standing and moderate lifting
• Ability to provide outstanding customer service and leadership
• Oversee normal store operation
• Maintain positive staff and customer relations
• Human Resources – retention of staff and enforcement of employee handbook
• Will report monthly to Board of Directors
• Develop an advertising and marketing strategy to expand customer base
• Support and promotion of the 7 cooperative principals and natural, organic, and locally sourced foods and supplements
• Create and implement policies and practices to ensure a profitable, growing business
• Perform other duties as required by the Board
Closing date: August 8th, 2017 or until filled.
Mail cover letter and resume to:
112 N Main St Ste #2
Aberdeen, SD 57401
or email to: